NMSU Space Committee Membership
|Carol Parker||Co-Chair/Ex Officio||Provost||PERM||Provost|
|Heather Watenpaugh||Co-Chair/Ex-Officio||University Architect||PERM||SVP A&F|
|Scott Eschenbrenner||Member||Office of the President||3 YR||President|
|Steve Stochaj||Member||Faculty Senate||3 YR||Provost|
|Steve Loring||Member||ACES||3 YR||Provost|
|James Murphy||Member||Arts & Sciences||3 YR||Provost|
|Mary Jo Billiot||Member||Business||3 YR||Provost|
|Gabe Garcia||Member||Engineering||3 YR||Provost|
|Juanita Hannan||Member||Education||3 YR||Provost|
|Terry Keller||Member||CHSS||3 YR||Provost|
|Kate Terpis||Member||Library||3 YR||Provost|
|Dacia Sedillo||Member||VP Student Success||3 YR||Provost|
|Ophelia Watkins||Member||Auxiliary Services||3 YR||SVP A&F|
|Luis Campos||Member||Assoc. VP Facilities and Services||PERM||SVP A&F|
|Norma Grijalva||Member||Information & Communication Tech.||3 YR||SVP A&F|
|Ross Justus||Member||SVP for Admin and Finance||3 YR||SVP A&F|
|Rebecca Galves||Member||VP for Advancement||3 YR||VP Adv|
|Alisha Giron||Member||VP for Research/Dean Graduate School||3 YR||VP Research|
|Ruth Johnston||Member||Strategic Chief Financial Officer||3 YR||SFO|
|Anthony Parra||Member||New Mexico Dept. of Agriculture||3 YR||Secretary|
|Herb Taylor||Member||Athletics||3 YR||Athletic Dir.|
|Alton Looney||Ex Officio||Facilities and Services, PDE, Director||PERM||AVP F&S|
|Suzanne Montes||Ex Officio (Non-Voting)||Facilities and Services||PERM||AVP F&S|
|Angelic Sena||Support (Non-Voting)||Facilities and Services||PERM||AVP F&S|
Committee members are selected on the basis of one or more of the following:
- the specific responsibilities related to their position (ex officio);
- their particular expertise, knowledge, or interest relating to the responsibilities of the committee and/or the campus in general; or,
- to represent the interests of a particular constituent group.
In recognition of the importance of NMSU’s commitment to shared governance, participative governance processes actively solicit input, advice, and perspective from all campus constituencies to inform the institution’s administrative leadership regarding campus issues, policies, and procedures that impact the direction of the institution.
Therefore, in addition to the active participation in committee activities by each member, the responsibilities of committee members who represent a constituent group, and particularly those who represent an NMSU governance body (e.g., Faculty Senate, ASNMSU), include regular, timely reports to their governance body and dissemination of appropriate and relevant information to their constituents, as well as reciprocal solicitation of constituent group input regarding issues before for the committee.
The Provost appoints the Faculty Senate representative and College and Departmental representatives from nominees submitted from their respective organizations to three year terms
with no limit on the number of terms. Members are encouraged to send proxies when they unable to attend and these substitutes have voting privileges.
Ex Officio Members
The ex officio members may choose to designate a regular representative to attend in their stead and exercise voting rights; however, the ex officio member may choose to attend any meeting in place of their designee, and may exercise their voting right. Each member shall have only one regular vote (i.e. by either ex officio or designee).
SPECIAL CHARGE FOR INITIAL TASKS
- The first order of business for this committee shall be:
- Establish an Executive Committee capable of making recommendations to the larger body.
- Review and modify the membership list as needed for equitable representation.
- Establish a rotation for the members so that 1/3 of the terms expire in any given year.
- Develop operational procedures and exceptions in recognition of the fact that large areas of Auxiliary Space are connected to specific income streams and bond obligations and that many other facilities have requirements that will preclude oversight by this committee; these would include but not be limited to animal care, specialized research activities, food service and athletic event venues.